A group blog for working on UnRuly Quilting projects and most especially UnRuly Letters. What is UnRuly? Liberated, wonky, improvisational, mis-matched, points cut off FUN.

Saturday, September 3, 2011

Playing with Words

During a recent sewing room clear up, I found some letters I had been working on and forgotten about.

My daughter "politely" reminded me that this quilt is meant for her and why hadn't I finished it.  Doh! Other projects got in the way.

So over the last few days I've been working diligently away trying to make some inroads in to it.

I wasn't at all sure about the green, but it doesn't look as bad as I thought it would.

Ah, music. A magic beyond all we do here!
The quote is from Harry Potter and the Philosopher's/Sorcerer's Stone, chosen by "herself".

3 comments:

Chris Daly said...

I love the skinny pointy letters. Very cool/

Tonya Ricucci said...

whee. sometimes it's good to set a project aside for awhile and then come back to it and realize that yes, it works better than I thought!

Nifty Quilts said...

It's wonderful! Your daughter picked a great quote, and your letters fit it perfectly.