Here is the word I made for Carol (Giraffe Dreams) for her birthday quilt. I'm a little late, but she assures me I'm not too late! Whew!
I'm not entirely pleased with the C or the R, both of which could be a little larger. I started with those two letters instead of the E or A, which was probably where my problem happened, but all in all, I'm happy with this. As long as Carol is happy, I'm happy!
Gee, am I ever thankful for Tonya's influence! A year ago our local art quilt group began a 2-gallon-bag challenge. I got the most awful assortment of fabric and trims! BUT .... I gave myself a big slap in the face and said "that's what challenges are all about"! The largest single piece of fabric in the bag was a pre-printed Jo-Ann's skirt panel with a tie-dyed color scheme. Being a quilt shop owner and used to handling VERY NICE fabrics, I hated that panel. There were also assorted scraps, trims, a needle felted flower (that didn't make it into the final project) and some sewn and stuffed shapes. I felt like I was recycling, so that is the direction I took.
The quilts will be given to the person who originally supplied the bag. A provision of the challenge was that we could also make a quilt for ourselves to keep from the same fabrics. Here is my little piece (thank you, Jan Mullen).
Recycle Quilt: 30" x 22" Bird Quilt: 11" x 14" Come visit my blog http://talkischeapquilts.blogspot.com/