A group blog for working on UnRuly Quilting projects and most especially UnRuly Letters. What is UnRuly? Liberated, wonky, improvisational, mis-matched, points cut off FUN.

Saturday, November 26, 2011

Colours of Life


I made this for the Liberated Round Robin Challenge, but didn't finish it as the last round was curves and it was getting too big to do squiggles.

As it was my Mother's 80th birthday party last week and I was going back to the UK for it, I needed something to give her.

She's been on at me for ages to make her a lap quilt to keep her knees warm so I pulled this out, took a deep breath and machine quilted it. Just straight lines, using 1" masking tape as a guide. Not bad for a first attempt!


7 comments:

Terri said...

Happy Birthday to your Mom. She is getting a really pretty quilt. I love the colors! Have a good time in the UK. Wish I was going there.

Cheryl Willis said...

teriffic bday quilt, the party is going to wonder what Square is all about- lol

Tonya Ricucci said...

Happy Birthday, Mom! I bet she'll love using this quilt and thinking of you!

Quiltdivajulie said...

Like I mentioned to you earlier -- what a MARVELOUS gift. Happy birthday to your mom and many hugs to YOU!

Nifty Quilts said...

It's beautiful and your quilting looks great! I'm sure your mother will cherish it.

Michele Bilyeu said...

Great job and so colourfully wondefull! I bet she will use the heck out of it...or else she will say it's too pretty to use ;) I think it made the perfect gift..especially since she really, really wanted one :)

Clare said...

When I gave it to her she asked what she was supposed to do with it. "It's for your knees Mum!".