A group blog for working on UnRuly Quilting projects and most especially UnRuly Letters. What is UnRuly? Liberated, wonky, improvisational, mis-matched, points cut off FUN.

Friday, May 25, 2012

Stretching the Scraps

Earlier, I showed a picture of the scrappy purple blocks in progress.  Tonight the borders went on.  A plain border would have been boring, but it was kind of a challenge to put any kind of border together with what I had left.  ALL of the purples used were already on hand and I was not about to start cutting new fabric at this point in the process.  (I would have had a little more to work with if I hadn't taken that side trip to piece the "purple haze" letters - still in progress.)

  

7 comments:

deborah said...

I really like it! The border is perfect for the blocks

Lori R. said...

Thanks .. I went to bed second-guessing myself .. maybe it didn't need any borders or maybe a plain one would have been better??? But, I'll leave it alone because after all, it is a SCRAP QUILT!

Jennifer D said...

Beautifully Scrapy!

Sheila said...

Great purple quilt. Totally wonky. Love, love, love it. Making a purple quilt is on my list, maybe this month :D

Millie said...

These are absolutely terrific! Love them! Love the whole thing!

Lynne
(Millie is the cat)

sewyouquilt2 said...

this is a gorgeous quilt. love it!

Carol E. said...

Love it!! Love the process, too. Mind if I borrow the idea? Looks like sooo much fun!