A group blog for working on UnRuly Quilting projects and most especially UnRuly Letters. What is UnRuly? Liberated, wonky, improvisational, mis-matched, points cut off FUN.

Sunday, October 16, 2011

More Legomania


I finally got a chance to work on the legos this afternoon. I now have 16 blocks, aiming for about 20-24 I guess.


I recently put them up on the wall and auditioned some possible arrangements. I think this one is in the lead:with some strips between the blocks, Chinese Coin style. But I also kind of liked this one...


where the Legos are a border. Not sure what goes in the middle - possibly some big weird and wonky string star? Or some big crazy applique? Maybe that will be #2 in the series.


I was also amusing myself by taking note of some of the strange combinations of novelty fabrics that just happened to fall next to each other. My favorite - which might turn out to be the title of the quilt - was Brooklyn Tomato. Some of the other good ones were Spiderman Cupcake and Subway Robot...sort of like the Unruly version of Mad Libs!


13 comments:

regan said...

These are fantastic! I'm loving it in the Chinese coins style! Spiderman Cupcake....that's funny!

Nifty Quilts said...

Your blocks are wonderful! I like both of your arrangements. Whatever you do with them will be just great, I'm sure.

Tonya Ricucci said...

wheeee, love it! I've had fun playing with different arrangements of the blocks too. love all those names for it!

Jennifer D said...

Lookin' good! Lookin' REAL god!

I love Brooklyn Tomato

Jan said...

Love that medallion idea! It is just so fun to play, right?!

Terri said...

Yummeeeeee!
Hugs,

Clare said...

Love the idea of Brooklyn Tomato and great blocks.

Hoola Tallulah said...

Oh these blocks make me droool, the colours are magnificent, can't wait to see what layout you choose, beautiful work!

meli B said...

Totally wild quilt. Love what you have done.

Mary Keasler said...

fantastic! no matter which way you go you can't lose. (secretly, I'm leaning toward that idea of Lego border with that wonky string star in the center, or maybe the crazy applique, or even words???? )

Carl and Mary said...

Wonderful blocks!!! Love the medallion idea -- maybe some unruly words there?

YankeeQuilter said...

That medallion is wonderful...all fun!

Richard Healey said...

Nice use of scraps.